Virtualizers, rejoice! VMware has released version 5.5 of their popular VMware Workstation product. The new 64-bit guest support means that you can run either 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Linux, FreeBSD or Windows on a 64-bit host system, and additional import support lets developers load Symantec Ghost images as VMware virtual machines. The cost is $189 US for electronic download.
Novell has taken the wraps off the latest version of SUSE Linux. Version 10 is the first release to take advantage of Novell's new OpenSUSE initiative. OpenSUSE is Novell's answer to Fedora, letting community members contribute features and fixes to the SUSE Linux offering. Version 10 includes the latest versions of Firefox, OpenOffice.org and improved Windows integration, as well as new features such as Xen virtualization and iFolder. Available for $59 US.
WinSystems' new EPX-GX single-board computer offers a diversity of interface options for developers working on machine-to-machine applications. Based on an AMD GX500@1W processor, it draws a miserly 1.8 A at five volts, but still manages to sport a cornucopia of options, including 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11 support via a miniPCI connector, two USB ports, four comm ports, 24 digital I/O lines, audio, 4x AGP video, keyboard and mouse. Intended for use in applications such as robotics, transportation and other uses requiring a lower-power embedded device, it is compatible with the EPIC standard and is available for $499 US in OEM quantities.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Web Administration Scripts
- New Products
- on the ground
2 hours 11 min ago
- I was able to read the whole
3 hours 41 min ago
- since i have read the title i
7 hours 1 min ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
7 hours 6 min ago
- The kernel doesn't really
19 hours 17 min ago
19 hours 48 min ago
19 hours 48 min ago
21 hours 53 min ago
- This should be very helpful
23 hours 7 min ago
- As much as I share your point
1 day 1 hour ago