Resources for Under-Ice Sonar Visualization
Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows: www.cygwin.com
FLTK (pronounced “fulltick”) is a cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X: www.fltk.org
MatLab is a commercial computing for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis and numerical computation: www.themathworks.com
OpenScenGraph is an open-source high-performance 3-D graphics toolkit: www.openscenegraph.org
W. Leary, “Under Ice, Waldo Lyon and the Development of the Artic Submarine”, Number Sixty-two, Texas A&M University Military History, (2004).
R. Francois and T. Wen, “Use of Acoustics In Localizing Under-Ice Oil Spills”, OCEANS, Vol. 15, pp 16–20, (1983).
T. C. Zhao and M. Overmars, “Forms Library: S Graphical User Interface T oolkit for X,” University of Wisconsin Press, (1997).
G. C. Bishop and R. Shell, “Visualization of the Space-Time Properties o f High Frequency Under-ice Acoustic Scattering”, UDT-Europe, (2004).
D. Maxwell, and R. Shell, “TALOSS: Three-Dimensional Advanced Localizati on Observation Submarine Software”, Linux Journal, November 2003: /article/6978
R. Shell, L. Mathews, K. Lima, R. King, F. Das Neves, “Undersea Command and Control Visualization,” 22–26 July 2001, Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Joint Aerospace Weapon Systems Support, Sensors, and Simulation Symposium & Exhibition (JAWS S3), San Diego, CA 2001, p.8
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal