Levanta recently introduced the Intrepid M management appliance, which combines Levanta's management and provisioning software with shared storage, preconfigured templates and open-source software in a single plug-and-play device. Intrepid M plugs in to the network and allows administrators to provision servers or workstations quickly with full Linux stacks and applications; to deploy software and patches simply and quickly to multiple machines without lengthy installation steps or file copying; to migrate all software and the entire OS from one piece of hardware to another at will; to allocate resources spontaneously using commodity components, with no vendor lock-in; and to track all changes made to a machine by any means. The appliance offers a full-color status LCD, 1.4TB of storage, hot-swap RAID-5 storage, six SATA hard drives in quick-change drive bays, shared storage functionality, dual hot-swap redundant power supplies, hot-swap fans and two 10/100/1000 Ethernet NICs.
Levanta, Inc., 650 Townsend Street, Suite 225, San Francisco, California 94103, www.levanta.com.
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer