Resources for “Network Programming in the Kernel”
RFC for File Transfer Protocol (FTP): www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc959.html
“Loadable Kernel Module Programming and System Call Interception”, by Nitesh Dhanjani and Gustavo Rodriguez-Rivera: /article/4378
“Things You Never Should Do in the Kernel”, by Greg Kroah-Hartman: /article/8110
Kernel Rebuild Guide: www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html
Source code listings for this article on the LJ FTP site: ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue138/7660.tgz
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released