At the Forge - Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is, without a doubt, one of the most talked-about Web technologies to emerge in the past few years. This month, we saw how straightforward it is to create a new Rails application, to create a controller and a view and to integrate them using a combination of naming conventions and relatively standard template syntax. However, we did not discuss views, particularly those associated with a relational database. Next month, we will do exactly that, connecting Rails to the PostgreSQL database. I believe doing so will begin to show why people are so excited about Rails and why it might be a good tool for many Web developers to learn.
Resources for this article: /article/8457.
Special Reports: DevOps
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- Vagrant Simplified
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Non-Linux FOSS: Code Your Way To Victory!
- New Products