At the Forge - Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is, without a doubt, one of the most talked-about Web technologies to emerge in the past few years. This month, we saw how straightforward it is to create a new Rails application, to create a controller and a view and to integrate them using a combination of naming conventions and relatively standard template syntax. However, we did not discuss views, particularly those associated with a relational database. Next month, we will do exactly that, connecting Rails to the PostgreSQL database. I believe doing so will begin to show why people are so excited about Rails and why it might be a good tool for many Web developers to learn.
Resources for this article: /article/8457.
- Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer