Echo and Soft VoIP PBX Systems
Echo on a telephone call is an annoying phenomenon that has been mostly under control in the classic telephony system, but it is rearing its head again as VoIP proliferates. Its effective control is vitally important for the eventual success of VoIP technologies in general, because of the effect of echo on perceived quality. For open-source VoIP PBX/IVR technologies to become truly mainstream, toll-quality audio must be a given, and this requires reliable, high-performance echo cancellation.
David Mandelstam is the President and CEO of Sangoma Technologies. Before founding Sangoma, David ran a private engineering company, was engineering VP of Solartech, an energy conservation company and was responsible for pricing at Spar Aerospace. Prior to immigrating to Canada, David was in charge of aircraft engine maintenance for South African Airways. David holds a BSc in mechanical engineering from the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa, an MSc in aerodynamics from the Cranfield Institute of Technology in the United Kingdom and a BComm from the University of South Africa.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer