gEvas: the GTK+2 to Evas Bridge
I have omitted memory consumption figures from the article in order to conserve space, as those figures are less important for modern desktop machines. A future benchmark will pit QTCanvas resizing against an Edje resize program to provide a more fair comparison between those two.
If you are looking for a canvas for a new GTK+2 application, consider both GNOME Canvas and gEvas plus Edje before hacking.
Resources for this article: /article/8647.
Ben Martin spends most of his time working on virtual filesystems and data mining them, although he also is known to play with animating other peoples' image art in two and three dimensions.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal