Native XML Data Storage and Retrieval
This article has highlighted the importance of storage granularity and indexing within the design of a native XML database. These core choices drive the performance, scalability and features available within the system.
George Feinberg is the architect for Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB XML. Prior to that, Feinberg was one of the architects of the eXcelon native XML database, now called XML Information Server (XIS) and owned by Progress Software. He was eXcelon's representative to the W3C and the XML Schema working group. Feinberg's previous experience includes serving as an operating system designer and developer for the Open Software Foundation (now The Open Group), Hewlett-Packard and a storage system startup.
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- Simple Server Hardening
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)