Native XML Data Storage and Retrieval
This article has highlighted the importance of storage granularity and indexing within the design of a native XML database. These core choices drive the performance, scalability and features available within the system.
George Feinberg is the architect for Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB XML. Prior to that, Feinberg was one of the architects of the eXcelon native XML database, now called XML Information Server (XIS) and owned by Progress Software. He was eXcelon's representative to the W3C and the XML Schema working group. Feinberg's previous experience includes serving as an operating system designer and developer for the Open Software Foundation (now The Open Group), Hewlett-Packard and a storage system startup.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu