Native XML Data Storage and Retrieval
This article has highlighted the importance of storage granularity and indexing within the design of a native XML database. These core choices drive the performance, scalability and features available within the system.
George Feinberg is the architect for Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB XML. Prior to that, Feinberg was one of the architects of the eXcelon native XML database, now called XML Information Server (XIS) and owned by Progress Software. He was eXcelon's representative to the W3C and the XML Schema working group. Feinberg's previous experience includes serving as an operating system designer and developer for the Open Software Foundation (now The Open Group), Hewlett-Packard and a storage system startup.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Debugging Democracy
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff