Native XML Data Storage and Retrieval
This article has highlighted the importance of storage granularity and indexing within the design of a native XML database. These core choices drive the performance, scalability and features available within the system.
George Feinberg is the architect for Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB XML. Prior to that, Feinberg was one of the architects of the eXcelon native XML database, now called XML Information Server (XIS) and owned by Progress Software. He was eXcelon's representative to the W3C and the XML Schema working group. Feinberg's previous experience includes serving as an operating system designer and developer for the Open Software Foundation (now The Open Group), Hewlett-Packard and a storage system startup.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
49 min 44 sec ago
1 hour 9 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
1 hour 34 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
1 hour 47 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
7 hours 26 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
8 hours 44 sec ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
8 hours 29 min ago
10 hours 24 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
11 hours 43 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
14 hours 17 min ago