Resources for “Things You Should Never Do in the Kernel”
Kernelnewbies.org: a good Web site, mailing list and IRC channel dedicated to helping new Linux kernel programmers learn the various basic issues.
Driving Me Nuts “Device Classes”, /article/6872: Instead of reading a file, have your kernel module create a sysfs entry to communicate with user space. This article contains an example based on the 2.6.x i2c code.
Modules from This Article: ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue133/8110.tgz
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS