OpenOffice.org Off-the-Wall: ToCs, Indexes and Bibliographies in OOo Writer
If you have trouble wrapping your mind around the way that Writer lumps ToCs, indexes and bibliographies together, think of them as variations on cross-references. Like a cross-reference, an index or table entry requires a source and a reference to the source. This sounds like a blazingly obvious statement, yet it is one that other word processors have missed altogether. By uniting several separate actions under the same conceptual framework, Writer simplifies all of them. The result is an easy-to-use and highly customizable set of tools.
-- Bruce Byfield (nanday)
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...