Resources for “Centalized Authorization Using a Directory Service, Part II”
Managing NFS and NIS by Hal Stern, Mike Eisler and Ricardo Labiaga, 2nd Edition, O'Reilly; ISBN 1-56592-510-6. A little Solaris-specific but good at explaining how things work.
A good source for Linux-specific NIS information is the NIS-HOWTO: www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html.
PADL Software Pty Ltd., NIS to LDAP Migration Tools: www.padl.com/OSS/MigrationTools.html.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: High-Performance Computing
- New Products
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- April 2015 Video Preview
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters