Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer