Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking||Jun 01, 2015|
|June 2015 Video Preview||Jun 01, 2015|
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
- June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat