Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development