Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- DevOps for Dummies
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Download "Build a Private Cloud for Less Than $10,000!"
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- New Products
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
- Linux Journal