Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- Localhost DNS Cache
- A Comparison of Xemacs and Gnu Emacs