Kernel Korner - Kprobes—a Kernel Debugger
The Kprobes patch helps a kernel developer debug any address within the kernel. Various patches are available from the Kprobes home page, including ones for setting watch points and for debugging user address locations. With proper use, Kprobes can become a powerful weapon in any kernel developer's arsenal.
I am thankful to Richard J Moore and Andrew Morton for their valuable comments on the draft version of this article, to Manish P Fadnavis for his support and to Pramode C E, Shine Mohammed Jabbar and Chitkala Sethuraman for their feedback.
Resources for this article: /article/8136.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- As much as I share your point
13 min 9 sec ago
- So girls had it better ?
3 hours 44 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
4 hours 4 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
9 hours 37 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
14 hours 40 min ago
14 hours 59 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
15 hours 24 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
15 hours 37 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
21 hours 16 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
21 hours 51 min ago