At the Forge - Bloglines Web Services, Continued
To be honest, I am an enthusiastic Bloglines user without being sure exactly where the site and company are headed. I cannot imagine that it will continue to be free of charge and of any advertising indefinitely, unless its investors are highly charitable or extremely naive. I enjoy its fine interface, the fact that I easily can access the Weblogs on which I have depended for political insight—or screaming, depending on how you interpret such punditry—and its speedy, robust functionality.
But as Amazon, eBay and Google have demonstrated over the last few years, providing a Web services interface to your core data opens the door to many new creative applications that a company's internal developers never think to create. Bloglines is only beginning to expose its functionality with Web services, and although it has taken only an initial and tentative step in this direction, what I have seen appears to be promising. I look forward to seeing applications that will be built on top of this API, as well as the additional APIs that Bloglines and its competitors will offer in an attempt to make Bloglines the central site for Weblogs, readers and developers alike.
Resources for this article: www.linuxjournal.com/article/7961.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
2 hours 6 min ago
- There are factors which are
7 hours 5 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
7 hours 50 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
11 hours 58 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
22 hours 4 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 4 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 5 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 9 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 9 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 21 hours ago