Geolocation by IP Address
Now that we've explained some of the techniques that can be used in geolocating Internet users by their IP addresses, we offer you a chance to try it out. Point your Web browser of choice here, and see how accurate or inaccurate the current results are. Please leave comments below about the accuracy of your results as well as any ideas you may have.
Andrew Turner is an aerospace engineer and currently is developing vehicle simulation software for Realtime Technologies, Inc., in Royal Oak, Michigan. When he's not busy developing software tools for work and play, he's apt to be scuba diving, curling or separating his cat and dog. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS