Programming Tools: Eclipse 3.0.1
Eclipse is a major new way of developing systems. It can serve as an IDE for many popular languages and as a base for any application. However, it is not as mature yet as many standalone IDEs geared to specific languages, such as the offerings from Borland, Active State and, my current favorite Python IDE, eric3. Even with these caveats, it might be time to start thinking of migrating to Eclipse, especially if you have some significant development efforts ahead.
Reg. Charney has been a techie, an entrepreneur and businessman. He also has been a long-time Linux enthusiast and now is developing a series of business applications for Linux. His favorite language is Python.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Smith Charts for All
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!