The Lack of a Small Unified Database
First of all, go here and vote for an SQLite driver in OO.o. Also, vote to add support for OO.o forms in Kexi. Even if you don't use any of them yourself, you might receive or send an SQLite database some day, so the more widespread the standard is, the better. Above all, start using SQLite today. Remember, it also works on Windows and Mac. And databases, because they are self-contained, can be moved in a snap from machine to machine. Of course, report any bugs you find so as to help speed up development.
Many thanks to Frank Schönheit, OO.o DBA developer, and to all the KOffice and SQLite developers who explained to me all the pieces needed to complete this puzzle.
Marco Fioretti is a hardware systems engineer interested in free software both as an EDA platform and, as the current leader of the RULE Project, as an efficient desktop. Marco lives with his family in Rome, Italy.
Articles about Digital Rights and more at http://stop.zona-m.net CV, talks and bio at http://mfioretti.com
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible