The Lack of a Small Unified Database
First of all, go here and vote for an SQLite driver in OO.o. Also, vote to add support for OO.o forms in Kexi. Even if you don't use any of them yourself, you might receive or send an SQLite database some day, so the more widespread the standard is, the better. Above all, start using SQLite today. Remember, it also works on Windows and Mac. And databases, because they are self-contained, can be moved in a snap from machine to machine. Of course, report any bugs you find so as to help speed up development.
Many thanks to Frank Schönheit, OO.o DBA developer, and to all the KOffice and SQLite developers who explained to me all the pieces needed to complete this puzzle.
Marco Fioretti is a hardware systems engineer interested in free software both as an EDA platform and, as the current leader of the RULE Project, as an efficient desktop. Marco lives with his family in Rome, Italy.
Articles about Digital Rights and more at http://stop.zona-m.net CV, talks and bio at http://mfioretti.com
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- New Products
- thanks for share, great
17 min 53 sec ago
- There are factors which are
5 hours 17 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
6 hours 2 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
10 hours 9 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
20 hours 15 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 2 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 4 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 7 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 7 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 19 hours ago