Filesystem Indexing with libferris
Hopefully, I've conveyed enough of the information on what libferris has to offer in terms of its current implementations for both EA and full-text indexing to raise your interest. The current implementation is a necessary stepping-stone toward the goal of a more formalized semantic filesystem query and browse interaction style.
Resources for this article: www.linuxjournal.com/article/7928.
Ben Martin has been working on file managers for more than ten years. He is currently working toward a PhD combining Semantic Filesystems with Formal Concept Analysis to improve human-filesystem interaction.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Customizing Vim
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds