Filesystem Indexing with libferris
Hopefully, I've conveyed enough of the information on what libferris has to offer in terms of its current implementations for both EA and full-text indexing to raise your interest. The current implementation is a necessary stepping-stone toward the goal of a more formalized semantic filesystem query and browse interaction style.
Resources for this article: www.linuxjournal.com/article/7928.
Ben Martin has been working on file managers for more than ten years. He is currently working toward a PhD combining Semantic Filesystems with Formal Concept Analysis to improve human-filesystem interaction.
- Smoothwall Express
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- September 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- GUI Development with Java
- Image Processing with QccPack and Python
- The chmod Command
- Tips for Optimizing Linux Memory Usage
- Performance Comparison
- Best of Technical Support