Filesystem Indexing with libferris
Hopefully, I've conveyed enough of the information on what libferris has to offer in terms of its current implementations for both EA and full-text indexing to raise your interest. The current implementation is a necessary stepping-stone toward the goal of a more formalized semantic filesystem query and browse interaction style.
Resources for this article: www.linuxjournal.com/article/7928.
Ben Martin has been working on file managers for more than ten years. He is currently working toward a PhD combining Semantic Filesystems with Formal Concept Analysis to improve human-filesystem interaction.
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Multitenant Sites
- Linux for Astronomers