Linux in Government: DHS Secretary Ridge Gives the Go Ahead to Linux
On my initial visit to Jo Balderas' company in Ft. Worth, I spent a fascinating morning with her and her son, Mike. Afterwards, I felt like I had made a trip to visit friendly relatives. We sat and discussed the intricacies of Linux and the commitments that the community brings.
Jo Balderas' company, YHD Software Inc., incorporates the qualities of excellence in programming, innovation, security and reliability. YDH Software Inc. exemplifies the intent of our nation's efforts to help form small businesses in which innovation can flourish and jobs can be created. We should be glad to know that open-source and free software provides tools at low to no-cost that people can use to realize their dreams and aspirations. It's nice to know it can happen even in your home town.
Tom Adelstein lives in Dallas, Texas, with his wife, Yvonne, and works as a Linux and open-source software consultant locally and nationally. He's the co-author of the upcoming book Exploring the JDS Linux Desktop, published by O'Reilly and Associates. Tom has written numerous articles on Linux technical and marketing issues as a guest editor for a variety of publications. His latest venture has him working as the webmaster of JDSHelp.org.
- September 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- RSS Feeds