Resources for “Centralized Authentication with Kerberos 5, Part I”
The MIT Kerberos 5 distribution comes with good documentation about installing, administrating and using Kerberos. The recently published O'Reilly book Kerberos: The Definitive Guide by Jason Garman (ISBN 0-596-00403-6) is a good resource for setting up a new realm and getting interoperability with other operating systems to work.
Using Microsoft Active Directory with Kerberos clients: www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/kerbsteps.asp.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Vagrant Simplified
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- October 2015 Video Preview