Resources for “Distributed Caching with Memcached”
I've been necessarily brief explaining both Memcached and LiveJournal's backend, so please e-mail me at email@example.com for any more information. Also, check out the Memcached site (www.danga.com/memcached) and the Memcached mailing list.
Bonwick, Jeff. “The Slab Allocator: An Object-Caching Kernel Memory Allocator.” Boston USENIX Proceedings, 1994 (www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/bos94/bonwick.html).
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk