Kernel Korner - Extending Battery Life with Laptop Mode
Even though I don't have a laptop myself, I've had a lot of fun working on Laptop Mode. I want to acknowledge the efforts of the other guys who have contributed to Laptop Mode, including Jens Axboe, Micha Feigin, Andrew Morton and Kiko Piris. I also want to thank Jeroen Kruis for allowing me to abuse his brand-new PowerBook G4 for my experiments.
Resources for this article: /article/7647.
Bart Samwel initiated the effort to put Laptop Mode in Linux 2.6, even though he does not own a laptop. He studies Computer Science at Leiden University, The Netherlands, and earns his living writing proprietary software. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux