Kernel Korner - Extending Battery Life with Laptop Mode
Even though I don't have a laptop myself, I've had a lot of fun working on Laptop Mode. I want to acknowledge the efforts of the other guys who have contributed to Laptop Mode, including Jens Axboe, Micha Feigin, Andrew Morton and Kiko Piris. I also want to thank Jeroen Kruis for allowing me to abuse his brand-new PowerBook G4 for my experiments.
Resources for this article: /article/7647.
Bart Samwel initiated the effort to put Laptop Mode in Linux 2.6, even though he does not own a laptop. He studies Computer Science at Leiden University, The Netherlands, and earns his living writing proprietary software. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|When BirdCam Goes Mainstream||Oct 27, 2016|
|Nightfall on Linux||Oct 26, 2016|
|Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!||Oct 25, 2016|
|Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server||Oct 25, 2016|
|Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim||Oct 21, 2016|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!||Oct 20, 2016|
- Nightfall on Linux
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- When BirdCam Goes Mainstream
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script