Kernel Korner - Extending Battery Life with Laptop Mode
Even though I don't have a laptop myself, I've had a lot of fun working on Laptop Mode. I want to acknowledge the efforts of the other guys who have contributed to Laptop Mode, including Jens Axboe, Micha Feigin, Andrew Morton and Kiko Piris. I also want to thank Jeroen Kruis for allowing me to abuse his brand-new PowerBook G4 for my experiments.
Resources for this article: /article/7647.
Bart Samwel initiated the effort to put Laptop Mode in Linux 2.6, even though he does not own a laptop. He studies Computer Science at Leiden University, The Netherlands, and earns his living writing proprietary software. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault