At the Forge - Slash
Slash is more difficult to install than any of the other packages we have discussed to date. This is partly due to the authors' choice of technology, because mod_perl inherently is more difficult to install than is PHP, used by XOOPS, or Zope. At the same time, Slash provides more community and Weblog functions than the other packages, is known to handle a high load and continues to be maintained at a fairly high level.
If you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, and if you want the functionality the Slashdot site provides, Slash may be a good choice for Weblogs written by a community or by individuals. Next month, we will look at the personal journals that Slash allows people to make, along with the friend system that allows people to categorize other users on the system, creating a virtual community that reflects the real world.
Resources for this article: /article/7545.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds