At the Forge - Slash
Slash is more difficult to install than any of the other packages we have discussed to date. This is partly due to the authors' choice of technology, because mod_perl inherently is more difficult to install than is PHP, used by XOOPS, or Zope. At the same time, Slash provides more community and Weblog functions than the other packages, is known to handle a high load and continues to be maintained at a fairly high level.
If you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, and if you want the functionality the Slashdot site provides, Slash may be a good choice for Weblogs written by a community or by individuals. Next month, we will look at the personal journals that Slash allows people to make, along with the friend system that allows people to categorize other users on the system, creating a virtual community that reflects the real world.
Resources for this article: /article/7545.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible