At the Forge - XOOPS
XOOPS is definitely not for everyone—the politics, the object-oriented code and the lack of certain features I consider vital make me think twice about recommending it. But I also have seen the time and effort it takes to get up to speed on such technologies as Zope and OpenACS, and the trade-off has not always been worthwhile. If you are an expert in PHP and MySQL, and you are looking to create a community site with good Weblog facilities, you might do well to consider XOOPS.
Resources for this article: /article/7500.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime consultant in Web/database programming, now is a graduate student in Learning Sciences at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Technical Support Rep