My Favorite bash Tips and Tricks
The bash shell has many great features to make life easier for its users. I hope this summary of bash tricks I like to use has shown you some new ways to take advantage of the power bash has to offer.
Prentice Bisbal started using Linux in January 1997 with Red Hat Linux 4.0 on a 486. He has been maintaining Linux systems professionally since 1998. He is a system administrator for a pharmaceutical company in central New Jersey.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Three More Lessons
- Django Models and Migrations
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- General Relativity in Python
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems