LinuxCertified, Inc., has announced the release of its first Debian Certified Laptop, the LC2430. The Debian model is the newest addition to the LC2000 laptop series, and it comes with preconfigured Debian GNU/Linux. Intended as a UNIX workstation replacement, LC2430 comes with a SXGA+ screen, up to a 3.06GHz Pentium 4 processor (with hyperthreading turned on), up to 2GB of RAM and up to an 80GB disk drive. It also features an ATI RADEON Mobility 9000 graphics card, 64MB of integrated VGA RAM, an Accelerated OpenGL card, a DVD and CD-R/W combination drive and built-in 10/100 networking. The methodology used to test the Debian GNU/Linux distribution on this laptop focuses on installation, configuration and operation; details can be found on the LinuxCertified Web site.
Linux Certified, Inc., 1072 South De Anza Boulevard, Suite A107-19, San Jose, California 95129, 877-800-6873, www.linuxcertified.com.
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!