WorldWatch Week in Review
During the past two weeks at WorldWatch.LinuxGazette, we've had lots of good news from the Far East, with Japan, China and Korea continuing to emphasize Linux and FLOSS. In Thailand, Microsoft is out and Linux is in. This was echoed in a pilot program for high schools in Oslo, Norway, as "Microsoft Ut, Linux Inn". Even non-Norwegian speakers can easily understand this.
From the Middle East comes a new site for Linux in Iraq.
On a more philosophical note, we have Richard M. Stallman's essay on why schools should use Linux. We also noted an example of how the Open Source philosophy for the Linux kernel has shown its superiority in the matter of security.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.LinuxGazette.com.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- More on Using the Bash Complete Command
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault