WorldWatch Week in Review
During the past two weeks at WorldWatch.LinuxGazette, we've had lots of good news from the Far East, with Japan, China and Korea continuing to emphasize Linux and FLOSS. In Thailand, Microsoft is out and Linux is in. This was echoed in a pilot program for high schools in Oslo, Norway, as "Microsoft Ut, Linux Inn". Even non-Norwegian speakers can easily understand this.
From the Middle East comes a new site for Linux in Iraq.
On a more philosophical note, we have Richard M. Stallman's essay on why schools should use Linux. We also noted an example of how the Open Source philosophy for the Linux kernel has shown its superiority in the matter of security.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.LinuxGazette.com.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- New Products
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!