WorldWatch Week in Review
During the past two weeks at WorldWatch.LinuxGazette, we've had lots of good news from the Far East, with Japan, China and Korea continuing to emphasize Linux and FLOSS. In Thailand, Microsoft is out and Linux is in. This was echoed in a pilot program for high schools in Oslo, Norway, as "Microsoft Ut, Linux Inn". Even non-Norwegian speakers can easily understand this.
From the Middle East comes a new site for Linux in Iraq.
On a more philosophical note, we have Richard M. Stallman's essay on why schools should use Linux. We also noted an example of how the Open Source philosophy for the Linux kernel has shown its superiority in the matter of security.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.LinuxGazette.com.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer