WorldWatch Week in Review
During the past two weeks at WorldWatch.LinuxGazette, we've had lots of good news from the Far East, with Japan, China and Korea continuing to emphasize Linux and FLOSS. In Thailand, Microsoft is out and Linux is in. This was echoed in a pilot program for high schools in Oslo, Norway, as "Microsoft Ut, Linux Inn". Even non-Norwegian speakers can easily understand this.
From the Middle East comes a new site for Linux in Iraq.
On a more philosophical note, we have Richard M. Stallman's essay on why schools should use Linux. We also noted an example of how the Open Source philosophy for the Linux kernel has shown its superiority in the matter of security.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.LinuxGazette.com.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Returning Values from Bash Functions