Penguins for President?
As we swing into the thick of the 2004 electoral playoffs, it's interesting to see what kinds of platforms are running under the candidates' official campaign Web sites. Netcraft has a handy feature called "What's that site running?" that lets us see combinations of Web servers and OS platforms. So here's a quick rundown, in alphabetical order:
George W. Bush: Microsoft IIS on Windows 2000
Wesley Clark: Apache on Linux
Howard Dean: Apache on FreeBSD
John Edwards: Microsoft IIS "behind a computer running NetWare"
Richard Gephardt: Microsoft IIS on Windows 2000
John Kerry: Apache on Linux
Dennis Kucinich Apache on Linux
Carol Mosely-Braun: Apache on FreeBSD
Al Sharpton: Apache on Solaris 8
Joe Lieberman: Apache on FreeBSD
As of this writing, November 5, 2003, the RNC has an uptime of 4.26 days (maximum of 39.04) and a 90-day moving average of 16.91. The DNC has an uptime of 445.02 days (also the maximum) and a 90-day moving average of 395.38 days.
Draw your own conclusions.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Technical Support Rep
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 51 min ago
- It's Jupiter
2 hours 50 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
3 hours 52 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
8 hours 38 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
12 hours 4 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
20 hours 30 min ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 40 min ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 1 hour ago
1 day 4 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 6 hours ago