WorldWatch Week in Review
This week in WorldWatch.LinuxGazette, Maureen O'Sullivan was back with the most popular article, about how the SCO v. IBM fracas is making a good argument for a FLOSS legal project she is working on here in Costa Rica. We also had an amusing piece on a Princeton student who had aroused the wrath of DMCA with instructions on his site about how to press the shift key. We had another guest editorial from Toni Solo, titled "Trashing Free Software". We also featured a report on a multiyear study about FLOSS in Latin America and the Caribbean, to be presented here in Costa Rica. Microsoft saw some more legal action, and Bulgaria seems confused about what to do with FLOSS.
In addition, we had a short feature article about a free SPARC microprocessor core, developed in Europe, that can be used to run Linux. This type of technology may become more important if trusted computing forces users to find alternatives to the traditional Intel/AMD PC processors.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer