Paranoid Penguin - Secure Mail with LDAP and IMAP, Part II
This is not all you need to know in order to be a Cyrus IMAP administrator, but hopefully it's enough to get started in building an LDAP-enabled Cyrus IMAP server. With the topics we've covered or touched on in these two articles, you now can go on to advanced topics, including how to let users change their LDAP passwords; how to let users use the LDAP server as an address book; how to set up shared IMAP folders securely; and how to set up a secure Web mail interface, such as SquirrelMail for Cyrus IMAP.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Open Axiom
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep