Toshiba's SG30 Wireless Server enables collaboration by providing fast and easy file sharing, printer networking and Internet access. Designed for use in small- to medium-sized businesses or remote offices, the Magnia is about the size of a laptop and enables data sharing in and away from the office. In addition to Internet and printer gateway Web caching, content filtering, backup capabilities, e-mail services and remote administration, the Magnia also supports 802.11b IEE Wi-Fi. It comes with three PCMCIA slots for wireless LAN PC card support, a built-in wireless access point, a Celeron processor with 256KB L2 cache, 256MB of memory, 128-bit Wi-Fi encryption, a configurable firewall and VPN, up to 160GB of storage capacity and two 2.5" EIDE drive bays.
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., 9740 Irvine Boulevard, Irvine, California 92618, www.toshiba.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS