Using the Amd Automounter
The Amd automounter is a powerful tool with many features to support numerous sites' needs. With proper care, site administrators can provide many useful features to users while reducing system administration efforts. Amd is part of the Am-utils distribution, which comes prebuilt with most Linux distributions. For more information, the latest sources, access to mailing lists and on-line documentation, visit www.am-utils.org. Happy automounting.
Erez Zadok (email@example.com) is on the Computer Science faculty at Stony Brook University, conducting filesystem and OS research. Erez is the author of Linux NFS and Automounter Administration (Sybex, 2001) and for the past ten years, the primary maintainer of Am-utils. Maintaining Am-utils is helped greatly by three co-maintainers: Ion Badulescu, Nick Williams and Rainer Orth.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Server Hardening
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The Death of RoboVM
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- The Humble Hacker?
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- Canonical and BQ's Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition Tablet