Using the Amd Automounter
The Amd automounter is a powerful tool with many features to support numerous sites' needs. With proper care, site administrators can provide many useful features to users while reducing system administration efforts. Amd is part of the Am-utils distribution, which comes prebuilt with most Linux distributions. For more information, the latest sources, access to mailing lists and on-line documentation, visit www.am-utils.org. Happy automounting.
Erez Zadok (email@example.com) is on the Computer Science faculty at Stony Brook University, conducting filesystem and OS research. Erez is the author of Linux NFS and Automounter Administration (Sybex, 2001) and for the past ten years, the primary maintainer of Am-utils. Maintaining Am-utils is helped greatly by three co-maintainers: Ion Badulescu, Nick Williams and Rainer Orth.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released