Using the Amd Automounter
The Amd automounter is a powerful tool with many features to support numerous sites' needs. With proper care, site administrators can provide many useful features to users while reducing system administration efforts. Amd is part of the Am-utils distribution, which comes prebuilt with most Linux distributions. For more information, the latest sources, access to mailing lists and on-line documentation, visit www.am-utils.org. Happy automounting.
Erez Zadok (firstname.lastname@example.org) is on the Computer Science faculty at Stony Brook University, conducting filesystem and OS research. Erez is the author of Linux NFS and Automounter Administration (Sybex, 2001) and for the past ten years, the primary maintainer of Am-utils. Maintaining Am-utils is helped greatly by three co-maintainers: Ion Badulescu, Nick Williams and Rainer Orth.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux