Cross-Platform CD Index
Many improvements to jsFind are possible, and they'll come as it is used by open-source users. Such features as having an image archive search with thumbnails, multipage result sets and stronger browser compatibility checks all are possible using this code as a springboard.
The 2002 LJ Archive CD-ROM contains the jsFind search engine. If you're a developer of CD-ROM content, please consider using jsFind over solutions with proprietary OSes. Doing so will be cheaper and will connect you with a larger potential user base. As an end user, I hope to be delivered from having to install a program and dual-boot simply to search content on a CD-ROM. Other innovative uses for the software might be possible as well, so consider it to be one more tool in the open-source toolbox.
Shawn P. Garbett is a software consultant with more than 15 years of experience in engineering and medical applications for UNIX systems. He enjoys a good jazz show and loves a well-spun tale.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Preparing Data for Machine Learning
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter