Cross-Platform CD Index
Many improvements to jsFind are possible, and they'll come as it is used by open-source users. Such features as having an image archive search with thumbnails, multipage result sets and stronger browser compatibility checks all are possible using this code as a springboard.
The 2002 LJ Archive CD-ROM contains the jsFind search engine. If you're a developer of CD-ROM content, please consider using jsFind over solutions with proprietary OSes. Doing so will be cheaper and will connect you with a larger potential user base. As an end user, I hope to be delivered from having to install a program and dual-boot simply to search content on a CD-ROM. Other innovative uses for the software might be possible as well, so consider it to be one more tool in the open-source toolbox.
Shawn P. Garbett is a software consultant with more than 15 years of experience in engineering and medical applications for UNIX systems. He enjoys a good jazz show and loves a well-spun tale.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python