2003 Editors' Choice Awards
SGI Altix 3000 www.sgi.com/servers/altix
Remember the world's biggest single-system-image Linux box from the February 2003 cover? We recently heard from SGI that Professor Stephen Hawking's research group at Cambridge University just bought one.
Steve Neuner of SGI wrote in February 2003, “When you look at the list of kernel additions included...the list is actually surprisingly small, which speaks highly of Linux's robust original design. What is even more impressive is that many of these and other changes are already in the 2.5 development kernel.” Congratulations to SGI for taking Linux up several steps on the food chain, and congratulations to all our winners.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Running Linux and Netfilter on Nokia IP Series Hardware
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Numerical Python
- Pass on Passwords with scp
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Learning to Program the Arduino
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- New Products