Distributed Hash Tables, Part I
Listing 6. portscan.py
def __main__(): id=int(random.uniform(0,2**k)) node=Node(id) join(node, initialContact) line=raw_input('Enter an IP to scan: ').trim() key=long(sha.new(line).hexdigest(),16) value=lookup(node, key) if value==None: f=os.popen('nmap '+args) lines=f.readlines() value=string.join(lines, '\n') store(node, key, value)
In this installment of our two-part series, we discussed the theory behind building DHTs. Next time, we'll talk about practical issues in using DHTs in real-world applications.
Brandon Wiley is a peer-to-peer hacker and current president of the Foundation for Decentralization Research, a nonprofit corporation empowering people through technology. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...