Intermediate Emacs Hacking
Author's .emacs: www.charlescurley.com/~ccurley/emacs.init.html
Emacs Beginner's HOWTO: www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Emacs-Beginner-HOWTO.html, or possibly already on your computer with the rest of the LDP docs.
Emacs' Built-in Help System: Ctrl-H
Emacs for Vi Users: grok2.tripod.com
“Emacs: the Free Software IDE”, by Charles Curley, LJ June 2002: /article/5765
Emacs Wiki: www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
“Getting Started with Emacs”, by Charles Curley, LJ, March 2003
GNU Emacs Home Page: www.fsf.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual: www.gnu.org/manual/elisp-manual-20-2.5/elisp.html
GNU Emacs Tutorial (Old, but Still Useful): www.futureone.com/~sponge/tutorial/emacs/index.html
How do I make common modifications to my Gnu Emacs .emacs file? www.yak.net/fqa/124.html
Programming in Emacs Lisp: An Introduction, by Robert J. Chassell: www.gnu.org/manual/emacs-lisp-intro/emacs-lisp-intro.html
Tips—emacs “Nifty ways to get your work done in /the/ editor”: www.portico.org/index.php3?catList=28
“very unofficial .emacs home”, by Ingo Koch: www.dotemacs.de
Charles Curley (www.charlescurley.com) teaches Linux at two Wyoming colleges. He also writes software and articles and books, using open-source software tools such as Emacs. His desktop has been a “Microsoft Free Zone” for more than three years, and he contributed to Sams' Teach Yourself Emacs in 24 Hours (ISBN: 0-672-31594-7).
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting