Coverage Measurement and Profiling
KProf provides a KDE-based GUI for viewing gprof results. It is available from kprof.sourceforge.net and can be built with the standard ./configure; make; make install process.
After launching KProf, go to Filerarr;Open to open either an executable for which profiling measurements have been taken or a text file that contains a gprof report. If you open an executable, KProf assumes that the profiling data is contained in the current directory in gmon.out.
Figure 4 shows a view of KProf displaying the results from the fib example. The circular arrow by the Fibonacci results indicate the function is called recursively.
- Geek Guide: The DevOps Toolbox
- Download "The DevOps Toolbox: Tools and Technologies for Scale and Reliability"
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Localhost DNS Cache
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting