Coverage Measurement and Profiling
KProf provides a KDE-based GUI for viewing gprof results. It is available from kprof.sourceforge.net and can be built with the standard ./configure; make; make install process.
After launching KProf, go to Filerarr;Open to open either an executable for which profiling measurements have been taken or a text file that contains a gprof report. If you open an executable, KProf assumes that the profiling data is contained in the current directory in gmon.out.
Figure 4 shows a view of KProf displaying the results from the fib example. The circular arrow by the Fibonacci results indicate the function is called recursively.
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- More on Using the Bash Complete Command
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault