Introduction to Sound Programming with ALSA
I hope this article has motivated you to try some ALSA programming. As the 2.6 kernel becomes commonly used by Linux distributions, ALSA should become more widely used, and its advanced features should help Linux audio applications move forward.
My thanks to Jaroslav Kysela and Takashi Iwai for reviewing a draft of this article and providing me with useful comments.
Resources for this article: /article/7705.
Jeff Tranter has been using, writing about and contributing to Linux since 1992. He works for Xandros Corporation in Ottawa, Canada.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie