The FCS program will develop network-centric concepts for a multi-mission combat system that will be overwhelmingly lethal, strategically deployable, self-sustaining and highly survivable in combat through the use of an ensemble of manned and unmanned ground and air platforms.
The Lead System Integrator (LSI) selected for the Army's FCS is The Boeing Company's Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC, www.saic.com), which is expected to field its results in the year 2010. The selection announcement was made in March 2002. In November 2002, at a Boeing C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) conference, a Boeing FAQ (www.boeing.com/defense-space/ic/fcs/bia/faq_c4isr_conf.html) addressed the operating system question:
Q: COMPUTERS—What operating system will FCS use? Windows? VX Works? Lynxos? Linux? Other?
A: FCS C4ISR has selected the Linux OS.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark