Garbage Collection in C Programs
The Boehm-Demers-Weiser home page at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc provides the source code for the library and a wealth of documentation and links for more information on GC. Good starting points are Hans Boehm and David Chase, “A proposal for Garbage-Collector-Safe C Compilation”, 1992, available at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/papers/boecha.ps.gz; Paul Wilson, “Uniprocessor Garbage Collection Techniques”, University of Texas, 1992, available at ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/gcsurvey.ps; and Benjamin Zorn, “The Measured Cost of Conservative Garbage Collection”, Tech Report, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1992.
Gianluca Insolvibile has been a Linux enthusiast since kernel 0.99pl4. He currently deals with networking and digital video research and development. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha