Garbage Collection in C Programs
The Boehm-Demers-Weiser home page at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc provides the source code for the library and a wealth of documentation and links for more information on GC. Good starting points are Hans Boehm and David Chase, “A proposal for Garbage-Collector-Safe C Compilation”, 1992, available at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/papers/boecha.ps.gz; Paul Wilson, “Uniprocessor Garbage Collection Techniques”, University of Texas, 1992, available at ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/gcsurvey.ps; and Benjamin Zorn, “The Measured Cost of Conservative Garbage Collection”, Tech Report, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1992.
Gianluca Insolvibile has been a Linux enthusiast since kernel 0.99pl4. He currently deals with networking and digital video research and development. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds