Garbage Collection in C Programs
The Boehm-Demers-Weiser home page at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc provides the source code for the library and a wealth of documentation and links for more information on GC. Good starting points are Hans Boehm and David Chase, “A proposal for Garbage-Collector-Safe C Compilation”, 1992, available at www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/papers/boecha.ps.gz; Paul Wilson, “Uniprocessor Garbage Collection Techniques”, University of Texas, 1992, available at ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/gcsurvey.ps; and Benjamin Zorn, “The Measured Cost of Conservative Garbage Collection”, Tech Report, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1992.
Gianluca Insolvibile has been a Linux enthusiast since kernel 0.99pl4. He currently deals with networking and digital video research and development. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS