Real Programming with AWK
If you have experience with C programming, you probably will find it quite easy to generate programs in the AWK programming language. I hope this has given you some idea about what AWK is capable of doing. The next time you sit down to write a program, give AWK a chance--it may surprise you yet.
Thanks to Ian, Lailaa, Darren and Vinesh for proofreading this article. The references used were the GNU AWK Manual and The AWK Programming Language by Aho, Weinberger and Kernighan.
Alan Bradley works as a Senior Systems Engineer for a large ICT company in South Africa. In between writing AWK programs, he plays chess, fly fishes and makes knives.
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
- Optimization in GCC
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python