Installing Slash for a Private Project
I tested these instructions on Red Hat 8 and initially had problems with the pre-installed Apache 2. When I downgraded to the 1.3.27 version of Apache/mod_perl, things worked perfectly. The only downside was the resulting system was as slow as molasses. This slowness had more to do with the fact that Red Hat 8 was running on my two-year-old laptop, configured with 64MB of RAM (well below the recommended minimum for Slash) than anything else. On top of this, I tested the system from localhost using the Mozilla browser, which did not help matters.
I could not have made it through the install and configuration of MySQL without a copy of my trusty reference, MySQL, written by Paul DuBois and published by New Riders, 2000.
The source code for wwwb is part of the bundle.
Paul Barry lectures at The Institute of Technology, Carlow in Ireland. His first book, Programming the Network with Perl, was published in February 2002, by Wiley. His next book, Bioinformatics, Biocomputing and Perl, is a collaboration with Michael Moorhouse. It is due to be published in late 2003, again by Wiley.
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator