How to Index Anything
SWISH-E has two downsides we should mention. First, it's not multibyte safe—it handles only 8-bit ASCII data. Second, records cannot be deleted from a SWISH-E index—to remove records, an index must be re-created. On the plus side, SWISH-E has numerous features we didn't even get to mention. See the SWISH-E web site at www.swish-e.org for more details. We hope you'll agree that SWISH-E is an impressive toolkit and a useful addition to your programming toolbelt.
Josh Rabinowitz is a 13-year veteran of the software industry who cut his teeth at NASA Ames Research Center and at CNET.com and other web companies. He currently is an independent consultant and the publisher of SkateboardDirectory.com, which aims to be your guide to skateboard sites on the Internet.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me