Running Linux and Netfilter on Nokia IP Series Hardware
For information regarding compiling the Linux kernel, see the Kernel HOWTO
Some iptables options, such as limit match and MAC address support, may or may not need to be compiled in, depending on the needs for your particular network configuration.
For more information on serial support in Linux boot loaders, see www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO
Although hardening the Linux installation is beyond the scope of this article, it is important to turn off all unnecessary services. To fully harden the Linux installation install Bastille Linux.
More information on the configuration and administration of iptables can be found in the various Netfilter HOWTOs
Michael Rash works as a senior security engineer for an ASP in Annapolis, Maryland. He holds a Master's in Applied Mathematics from the University of Maryland and has been tinkering with Linux since 1998. In his free time, he enjoys playing the violin for the Prince George's Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- Two Pi R
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- Non-Linux FOSS: Let's Make Music Together
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Thanks for clearing that up.
3 hours 15 min ago
- Nice coding on the cake. I
14 hours 47 min ago
- Baker's identity
19 hours 37 min ago
- Uber jealous
1 day 34 min ago
- Reality is disapointing
1 day 11 hours ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
1 day 13 hours ago
- Services on GlusterFS
1 day 14 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 15 hours ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
1 day 16 hours ago
- thanks for the information
1 day 17 hours ago