Are you sitting around with some extra time on your hands? Excellent. We've got the perfect meaningless task for you. If you're lucky, you could even win a prize ("Oooooh", the crowd roars.)
Here's the task: Create a new spamtrap e-mail address and accumulate as much spam as you can in one week (7 days). You may do anything to publicize the address except, of course, subscribe or opt-in to any mailing list. Send us what you did with the spam, what you did to make the address visible and how much spam you received. The Linux Journal Staff will choose one grand-prize winner, who will receive a Lego Mindstorm Robotics Invention System. Entries will be accepted through January 31, 2003. E-mail your entry to: email@example.com.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part I
- SUSECON 2016: Where Technology Reigns Supreme
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Bitcoin on Amazon! Sort of...
- Free Today: September Issue of Linux Journal (Retail value: $5.99)
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Securing the Programmer
- Epiq Solutions' Sidekiq M.2
- The Many Paths to a Solution